Brandon Darby reports for Breitbart, Nov. 23, 2014, that a leaked internal memo, jointly issued by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), warns U.S. law enforcement of potential terror attacks from homegrown Islamic State (IS) members or supporters. The IS is also known as ISIS or ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant).
Breitbart Texas was provided the Oct. 11, 2014 Joint Intelligence Bulletin by a trusted federal agent who did so on the condition of anonymity.
The memo is titled “Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and Its Supporters Encouraging Attacks Against Law Enforcement and Government Personnel.” It is labeled “UNCLASSIFIED/FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY” and asserts that it may be exempt from the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and should not be released to the public, the media, or anyone else not authorized by the DHS.
The document alerts US law enforcement personnel, including FBI Special Agents, to be aware of their surroundings and to monitor their families’ use of social media to “avoid revealing FBI or law enforcement affiliation.”
Another significant revelation in the leaked document is that the FBI is unaware of any current specific imminent threats from ISIS on U.S. soil, an assertion that seems to contradict some previous public reports that ISIS has crossed the U.S./Mexico border and is planning specific attacks. The report does indicate that ISIS advocated attacks on U.S. military personnel, law enforcement in general, FBI personnel, government officials, and media figures.
Below is the full, unredacted leaked document.
Click images to enlarge
- Judicial Watch: Feds say imminent terrorist attack on US-Mexico border
- 8 of 10 Mosques in America Promote Jihad
- 3 Mainstream US Muslim Groups Support Terror
- Al-Shabab jihadists recruit Somali youth in Minnesota
- Terrorists target America’s forests, reservoirs, and power grid
- U.S. imam: Muslims can take the property of Christians and Jews
- DHS has a list of “hands off” terrorists who are allowed to enter the U.S.
- Why is the U.S. National Park Service extolling Islam in a video?
- Texas police officers are members of Mahmoudberg jihadist compound
- The enemy within: Somali refugees in Minnesota drawn to welfare and Jihad
- We’re Broke, but Obama Welcomes 80,000 Muslim Refugees into America
- Islam on Campus – Recruiting Homegrown Jihadists
- US Islamic Website Calls for Demolition of Statue of Liberty
- Black Flag of Jihad over Manhattan
- Radical Muslim Group Trains TSA Agents
- US Public School Students Learn to Pray to Allah
- Obama Advisor Sees America As Place of Islam’s Revival
- Obama’s New Mission for NASA: Boost Muslim Self-Esteem
- Embryonic Islamic States Forming in America